M2M recommends the best Airbnb Property Management Partner
By reading this article, you will discover our preferred Airbnb property management partner. This article gives a detailed description of their service, a full comparison to the other Madrid Airbnb property managers and a special offer for our readers!
Why work with an Airbnb property management partner?
Working with a professional property manager will give you better pricing, an increased range of services, higher quality ratings and a larger distribution channel for your rentals.
You will get better pricing with our Airbnb property management partner two ways.
- Their Airbnb property management fees are the lowest in Madrid: They charge a flat 20% fee for property management services. This is inclusive of VAT and also includes cleaning. Our partner is able to charge lower prices due to economies of scale (you can read more about this later in this article).
- They are better able to optimize your rental pricing: Because they manage so many apartments, our Madrid Airbnb property management partner is able to invest more in technology and resources. This allows them to dynamically optimize the price charged to rent your apartment. They have team members that constantly analyze variables such as other competitors, demand indicators, hotel, plane and train fees. Furthermore, they purchase databases that show rental supply and demand in real time. This, coupled with their proprietary historical data, allows them to refine the ideal price for each day as much as possible.
Increased range of services
Because our Airbnb partner operates on such a large scale, they are able to offer you things such as Welcome Packs and linen rental equivalent to that provided by a four-star hotel. You will receive all of the following at no additional charge when you work with your Airbnb partner:
- Four star linen rental
- A bathroom amenity pack with each cleaning
- Access to an owner’s platform you can access at anytime to check your bookings
- Key handover to guests
- A Welcome Pack for guests, which includes a city map, tourist highlights and restaurant recommendations
- Spotless cleaning
- Laundry services for guests
- Rapid response time to all messages, in multiple languages, 24/7. Quick response time is vital for Airbnb. Guests may be consulting several apartments simultaneously and, if you are able to contact them before any other host, you have the advantage.
- Profile optimization across several different platforms.
You can expect 4 or 5 star ratings from 85% of your clients
Our Airbnb property management partner is the biggest player in Spain. In fact, 85% of their customers give them a four or five star rating for check-in and cleaning services.
Moving2Madrid CASE STUDY #1: We have been monitoring the cleaning review dashboard for 10 apartments managed by our Airbnb property management partner. Our average rating was 90% with 4 or 5 stars, and our average cleaning review was 4.6.
Moving2Madrid CASE STUDY #2: We have been monitoring the check-in and communication review dashboard for 10 apartments managed by our Airbnb property management partner. Our average rating was 90% with 4 or 5 stars.
Better guest ratings and higher quality services translate into increased revenue for your property. If you use our Airbnb property management partner your rental profit will increase.
Our Airbnb management partner is now the only Airbnb backed property manager in Spain.
Why our Airbnb property management partner vs. other property management companies?
There are other property management companies that work in Spain. For example Housy, Nuba, Minty and Friendly all manage properties in Madrid. However, due to their competitors’ expensive pricing and limited services, we believe our partner is the best fit for Moving2Madrid clients.
- No other company charges as little as 20% and includes VAT. Most other property management companies charge higher than 20%, exclusive of VAT. The next cheapest is Housy which charges 20%, but VAT is not included.
- They have no minimum contract duration.
- They do not charge hosts a penalty to stop using their property management services.
- They neither neither charges hosts a deposit nor an inital set-up fee.
- Linen rental is included in the price. Other companies, like Spain Select, require you to purchase new linens every two years.
- They provide free luggage storage for all guests. Minty, for example, charges hosts an additional fee for this service.
- They manage over 300 properties, located all over Spain. The only other property management company that operates throughout Spain is Friendly, but they are the most expensive property management company in the country and have poor service.
- Cleaning is included in the property managment price. Companies like Minty charge for cleaning on top of their basic property management services.
What to expect in the future
Our Airbnb property management partner is rolling out a number of additional features that will improve their property management services even more. We are very excited about the installation of self check-in locks. We have been told these will be installed after 12 months, at no additional expense to owners.
In addition, our Airbnb property management partner is scheduled to implement owner directed cleaning, launch a mobile app especially for apartment owners and include a greater range of amenities in the Welcome Pack (coffee service, etc).
If you would like to learn more, please follow this link to arrange a FREE CONSULTATION with our preferred Airbnb property management partner.
The fine print
Our Airbnb property management partner is the gold standard when it comes to Madrid property management. That said, there are some things to keep in mind when working with any property manager.
Our partner is able to deliver a high level of quality at a relatively low cost because of their scale and standardization. Their economics are like that of a hotel chain. For example, you don’t get to choose the color of your sheets when you stay at a hotel. This makes it easier for them to purchase and manage inventory, clean the sheets and make the beds every day.
For these reasons, please keep in mind that our Airbnb property management partner does not offer the following services, as they are outside the scope of their mandate:
- Architectural services and/or refurbishment advice- you can still work with Moving2Madrid and our partner Partner Architect for this.
- Legal advice, including the procurement of Airbnb licenses.
- Specialized services such as flower requests or special linen requests.
- Maintenance services- Our Airbnb property management partner will identify maintenance problems in your apartment, alert you to their existence and coordinate with a local company to help you fix them, but doing the actual maintenance is outside the area of their expertise.
How and when do I get paid?
You get paid 24h after the guest arrives. The platforms charge the guest when they book your apartment. However, the booking is not fully confirmed until the guest pays the invoice in full. This is a very safe system for both the owners and the property management company, since no one can book without paying nor stay in the property for free.
How and when do I pay?
Payment is made when the booking is complete. You can find the details of all your bookings on your property management profile. You can also designate a payment method on your profile, so your payment to them happens automatically at completion of booking. They can issue manual invoices if you prefer.
How does it work tax-wise?
It works the same way taxes on long-term rentals work. The owner pay taxes on their net income (Airbnb rental revenue net water, internet, power bills and property management fees).
Do they provide insurance?
You can get insurance on your property two ways.
- Guest deposit: a deposit can be set for each booking (100-150€). If a problem arises, our Airbnb property management partner will request it be paid.
- Airbnb insurance: Airbnb has an insurance policy up to 800,000€ for material damage done to the apartment by a guest, and up to 1,000.000€ for liability insurance.