Let’s suppose here you found a great flat in Madrid. Congratulations – you need to move in and deal with the utilities. I already presented how much you can expect utilities to cost you in Madrid. Now I’ll explain simply the few mandatory steps you will need to go through to be all set to live comfortably in your new apartment.
To put it simply, you only need to do 2 things:
1. For all utilities, make sure that all bills are at your name and linked to a Spanish bank.
- To do this, you need to call the provider (phone number is on last bill you received), give the name and ID number (DNI in spanish) of the current account holder and give them your details.
- In all cases, do take the number on the meter to make sure you will only be paying for your consumption.
2. Choose the best deal in terms of electricity
- since the liberalisation of the energy sector, you can choose between different offers in terms of electricity.
- go here to compare the different prices available: http://www.comparatarifasenergia.es/
- Compare with the providers listed on the back of your electricity bill
- Call the company you choose and pay less !
Do not hesitate to comment and/or send me an e-mail if you have any kind of question !
PS: If you liked this, do spread the love and press the “Google +”, “Retweet” and/or “Facebook like” buttons at the top of the article !