Replace a Lost or Stolen NIE in 3 Steps
One of our most popular questions to the Moving2Madrid website is how to replace a lost or stolen NIE. Here is a quick 3 step guide on how to replace your NIE:
- Make an appointment at: https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/icpplus/index.html. Once in the website, under Provincias Disponibles scroll to Madrid and press accept. On the next screen where it says: Trámites Disponibles Para La Provincia Seleccionada scroll to Duplicado de Tarjeta de Identidad Extranjero. Follow the directions on each screen filling in your personal information and choose the appointment time that fits your schedule.
- Before going to your appointment, if you haven’t already reported your NIE lost or stolen, go to the police station at Calle de Leganitos, 19. Get a denuncia from the police. You will need to bring this with you to the Administration offices when soliciting your Duplicate ID
- Your appointment will be in Av Poblados, 51 (Metro Aluche). Be prepared to walk. You will need to bring the following documentation with you:
- Application EX17 – Filled out. You need the original and 1 copy
- Passport (original and copy)
- At least 2 new colored photos (carné size and white background) Just tell your photographer it is for the NIE
- Denuncia from the police station (original and copy)
- Form: Modelo 790 Codigo 012 with the fees paid for at any bank (you can get this from the info desk at aluche so go early – just tell them it’s for the duplicado). Also remember, if you are paying your fees on the day of the appointment, after certain hours the banks around Aluche will not accept cash and will only process this form if you are one of their clients.
If you are replacing your NIE because of a change of address, you will need to bring a copy of the empadronamiento that has been renewed in the last 3 months. (For more information on the the Padron: http://moving2madrid.com/registering-the-padron/)
For help with all your relocation needs visit us at: www.moving2madrid.com