Do you have experience managing short term rentals?
Do you know how to increase the traction of Airbnb postings?
Are you organised, flexible and known for your attention to details?
If you answered yes to the above questions, we want you to join us! Keeping our property management clients happy is key to our clients.
The right person will not only help us maintain and improve this clientele, but also become the best in Madrid.
We are proponents of a healthy work/life balance that combines business growth with personal freedom. We are not like the startup world that expects you to be there 24/7 and always piles on more work. Nor are we like the corporate world that gives you no time or locational freedom, is fraught with politics and often values “face time” over results.
Then keep reading – after this first infographic, we have put all the details in text hereunder.
Note: Instructions for how to apply are at the end of this job posting
Your main goal is to achieve a 5 star rating from at least 80% of your properties’ Airbnb customers
What is Moving2Madrid?
We’re a small team of people (5 full time, 10 part-time) who love Madrid and believe anyone in the world should be able to buy or invest here. We provide property search, negotiation, and property management services to help people from all around the world buy and invest in Madrid.
Our company started in 2010 as a simple way for busy international professionals to find the perfect property. Today we’re honored to have served over 850 clients. In 2017 alone we helped clients invest over 8 million euros.
According to El Mundo, we are the “reference for foreigners.” We are the top rated property hunters in Madrid (see our 4.7/5 ranking on Google).
Each month thousands of people profit from our advice. To learn more about this visit: More about Moving2Madrid
Our ideal candidate
This job is perfect for a property management professional with 1-3+ years of experience, at least one successful experience with 10 properties.
You have a proven track record of optimizing Airbnb property management services, as well as some initial experience in improving how properties are marketed on Airbnb.
Our ideal candidate values the flexibility of being able to work from home, remotely or in our office, which is located next to the Plaza Mayor. You are able to interact with international clients and strive to become the independent property manager of a small growing business.
Most importantly, you are a self-starter who wants to be trusted to:
- Achieve results
- Manage and lead collaborators/partners
- Grow revenue and quality
- Take responsibility for, and develop, their professional skill set
- Have a positive impact
This is a typical property under our management
Your priority is to ensure we deliver a 5 star experience to at least 80% of our guests, while ensuring we reach our owners’ goals.
We have 20 premium properties in management, and have already the buyers to reach 30-40 within 12 months.
Your secondary goals: Manage the marketing of our Airbnb ads to stably grow the page views of our Airbnb listings. Reduce the resources required, on each apartment, to achieve these five star results. Ensure compliance with rules and regulations. Be a positive player in the community. Innovate with new technologies!
Day to day tasks
- Answer Airbnb messages, leveraging the tool’s automation so you can gain time to work uninterrupted.
- Do check-ins during the week, and some weekends
- Answer guest calls, Be on call some weekends and nights to serve as backup.
- Efficiently resolve guest emergencies.
- Focus limited resources to materially improve our products and services, dynamically re-optimizing your processes.
- Cultivate relationships with key partners and suppliers.
- Set strategic and operational objectives and report on the achievement of these objectives on a timely basis.
The rest of the Moving2Madrid team will provide support in the form of onboarding of new apartments, creating ads, cleaning apartments, analyzing performance, client reporting, selling our services to new owners and managing relationships with owners.
At Moving2Madrid, commitment goes both ways. We are in this for the long-term and want you to be as well.
- Organization- you need to be able to priotitize tasks and organize your time effectively.
- People skills- These must be exemplary as your key objective is to ensure the collaborators we have are top level.
- Process focus- You must be able to define, follow and update processes to achieve optimal results.
- Communication skills- You are able to communicate easily and fluidly via email, on the phone and in person. You respond to all communication in a timely, effectively prioritized fashion.
- Flexibility- If something goes wrong, you can review the situation and figure out ways to improve going forward.
- Problem solving- When faced with a tricky negotiation, a difficult client or unusual request, you effectively deal with the situation, even if it requires thinking outside of the box
- English- Fluency is required.
- Spanish- You must be able to negotiate, read and correct Spanish language contracts.
- Driving- You are able to drive in Madrid, particularly a scooter isa bonus!
The ideal clients knows Madrid well, and is prepared to spend time running around the city.
- Competitive Fixed salary, dependent upon the number of years of your experience in Airbnb property management, as well as the results you can demonstrate.
- Long term employee status, “duración indefinida.” Initial training, quarterly team trips and ongoing coaching.
- Bonus: Monthly bonus based on the performance of your apartments adding up to 15% to your base salary. Quarterly profit sharing adding another 15%.
- Equity: If you generate growth and achieve your goals in your initial years, you have the opportunity to become a partner.
- Yearly raises: Based on your evaluation, yearly performance and Moving2Madrid’s profitability, you will receive yearly raises of your fixed salary of up to 5.0% (the average in Spain is 2%).
- Ability to work outside of Madrid: For 6 days a year you can work from wherever you wish.
- Flexible working hours: You work when you want, maximum 40 hours, organized how you like to reach our objectives. However, you must be able to work on weekends when client needs dictate.
- Work where you want: We require the team to be in the office together with a minimum of 2-3 afternoons per week. Aside from this you can work from home, in our office or wherever else in Madrid you wish.
- Free books: We’ll pay for any books you’d like to buy to help your professional growth. No questions asked. Any book, yes, really!
- The opportunity to join a small business that balances professional growth & lifestyle.
This sounds great! How do I apply?
If you are interested, send an email to email@example.com with your CV, or just your LinkedIn URL, and tell us:
- Why do you want to work with us and leave your current career or job (if you are currently employed) for this opportunity?
- How you have demonstrated in your career you are capable of achieving the goals listed in this job description.
- Ways you have demonstrated you are a self-starter.
You can also read the Moving2Madrid Welcome Handbook Although it is slightly outdated, as it describes mostly how we worked with renters, it is a good way to understand our values and culture. This way you can understand us from the inside and learn what we are all about.
What happens next?
We will answer within 72 hours if your application is of interest and send you a short interactive form to fill with more details about you.
We will take a few weeks to review all applicants and then schedule interviews with those that we think are the best potential fit. After interviewing all applicants we will make a selection.
I look forward to reading your application.
Pierre & Cristina