The best bank account for expats in Madrid
Need a bank account in Madrid ? A reliable bank account from a stable bank with no fees, great customer service in English, easy to operate online and opened right away before arriving ?
No fees & open before arriving in Madrid
Yes, you heard right, with the Expansion Sabadell Account special offer for our readers:
- No fees, no commissions, even for international transfers in Euro, apart from transfers to a country outside the Euro-Zone. With one exception: You will not pay any fees on transfers from and to the UK.
- they give back 1 % on all utility bills,
- Secure Online banking in English
- Customer Service in English: Silvia at The Miguel Angel Branch will make sure everything go well, they have contracts in English, and will call you when the cards are ready, or when something strange is happening on your account,
- Only one condition to keep no fees: have a minimum of 700 € a month transferred to this account or the equivalent amount on your account. Or if you are under 29 years old, no requirement whatsoever.
Simple. You only have to send an email to Silvia Regueira with your Passport Scan, a telephone number and your home address
(it’s ok if it’s not in Spain)
email@example.com at the Miguel Angel 23 Branch, (Metro Gregorio Marañon) or use directly this button:
Just click on this button to apply for your account using a simple email template, and your account will be opened before you even arrive in Spain!
By going through Moving2Madrid, and contacting Silvia who know deals with Private banking and opens normal accounts for Moving2Madrid, you get special treatment, Silvia will inform of the special offers they have for Moving2Madrid, your account will be opened quickly and before you arrive in Spain.
Total disclosure: We have no exclusive agreement with Sabadell, but yes, they do reward referrers like other banks, as ING for instance. I just think it’s the best, and my happy clients and readers think too ! In the end, it’s a trustworthy account to start out in Spain, where you know you will be well treated and with no fees whatsoever.
In a nutshell, no fees whatsoever. To keep all these advantages, just make sure you get your NIE and send it to them within the first 3 months so you do not get the non-resident tax of 26 € from the Spanish state, and also make sure you have your salary is linked to this account, or if not, at least 700 € is transferred to the account a month, so everything stays free. Do check the conditions via this summary.
One last comment: I recommend personally the Madrid office of Miguel Angel, 23, and specifically Silvia Regueira Sainz.
They will answer your questions, make things happen, and if you have any issue, just comment on this post and we will get this solved. I cannot vouch for the rest of Sabadell offices in Spain. I know this one, I have requested from them special service and attention. Do contact them, and be sure they will be good. If you contact other offices, I cannot promise.
After the director of the branch requested a personal meeting, we have made sure any bank account opening request will get an answer within 48h.
We now have special process and priority to anyone contacting directly Silvia as we indicate in this article.
If you have any issue, or are happy with the service please share in the comments !
If you need help to ensure a zen move to Madrid, do not hesitate to send us an email !
The Moving2Madrid Team