You need a bank account in Madrid ?
A reliable bank account from a stable bank with no fees, great customer service in English, easy to operate online and opened right away ?
No fees & online banking in English
Yes, you heard well, with the Expansion Sabadell Account special offer for our readers:
- No fees, even for international transfers in Euro, apart from transfers to a country outside the Euro-Zone. With one exception: You will not pay any fees on transfers from and to the UK.
- they give back 3 % on all utility bills, up to 20 € a month.
- Secure Online banking in English
- Customer Service in English: Silvia at The Miguel Angel Branch will make sure everything go well, they have contracts in English, and will call you when the cards are ready, or when something strange is happening on your account,
- Only one condition for after 6 months to keep no fees: have a minimum of 700 € a month transferred to this account or the equivalent amount on your account.
Simple. You only have to send an email to Silvia Regueira with your Passport Scan, a telephone number and your home address
(it’s ok if it’s not in Spain)
firstname.lastname@example.org at the Miguel Angel 23 Branch, or use directly this button:
Just click on the button hereunder to directly get a standard email easily with the reference to this special email process to get this account opened before you even arrive !
By going through Moving2Madrid, and contacting Silvia who know deals with Private banking and opens normal accounts for Moving2Madrid, you get special treatment, Silvia will inform of the special offers they have for Moving2Madrid, your account will be opened quickly and before you arrive in Spain.
Total disclosure: I have no exclusive agreement with Sabadell, but yes, they do reward referrers like other banks, as ING for instance. I just think it’s the best, and my happy clients and readers think too ! In the end, it’s a trustworthy account to start out in Spain, where you know you will be well treated and with no fees whatsoever. Do check the conditions via this summary.
If you don’t live in Madrid, this offer is also valid and your cards will be sent to the nearest branch. However, I only can vouch for this very specific office and these very specific professionals in terms of customer service after opening the account. The conditions are the same though for the account all over Spain !
One last comment: I recommend personally the Madrid office of Miguel Angel, 23, and specifically Silvia Regueira Sainz.
They will answer your questions, make things happen, and if you have any issue, just comment on this post and we will get this solved. I cannot vouch for the rest of Sabadell offices in Spain. I know this one, I have requested from them special service and attention. Do contact them, and be sure they will be good. If you contact other offices, I cannot promise.
UPDATE: We have heard lately of the decreasing quality of service in this bank. We are in the process of recommending a new bank but for the long term. for the short term, and to get a bank account very easily opened we still recommend it. We just do not recommend it to optimise your funds after 3 months.
If you need help to ensure a zen move to Madrid, do not hesitate to send us an email !
Pierre, Arash and Hector – The Moving2Madrid Team
PS: For Transfers out of the Euro zone, we have negotiated the fees and they are the following:
– To send a transfer: 0,30% fee, 6€ minimum
– To receive a transfer: 0,10% fee, 3€ minimum
This post is also available in: French