The best deal on phone, TV and fibre optic in Madrid
Read this article to learn who provides phone, TV and fibre optic in Madrid and get tips on which provider will offer the best package and pricing for your situation.
In this article, you will find the best options for:
- If you have a NIE and will be in Madrid longer than twelve months
- If you have a NIE and will be in Madrid less than twelve months
- If you don’t have a NIE and will be in Madrid longer than six months
- If you have a NIE and will be in Madrid less than six months
If you have a NIE
A NIE is, essentially, your Spanish taxpayer ID. If you need to obtain a NIE, we suggest you read: How to get a Spanish NIE in five easy steps.
Stays longer than twelve months
If you’re planning on staying in Madrid for a while and can commit to a year-long contract, Movistar is our favourite solution. If you’re looking for an all-inclusive plan that will give you a landline, a mobile line, premium television channles and the best fibre optic in Madrid, then we suggest Movistar!
- Their best value for money plan is the “Movistar Fusión“. The offer a number of packages. In our opinion, the best is Fusión 2. With this, €72 per month (as of March 1, 2019 they are running a promotional price of 32.3€ per month for the first six months) will get you 600 MB of Fibre Optic, a landline with unlimited calls to other landlines, two mobile phone lines (one with unlimited calls and 5Gb of data), as well as TV with access to hit TV shows, films and LaLiga games. The best part? You can access it from your tablet or smartphone so can bring your TV with you. It includes DVR.
- If you’ve got a little more cash to spare, then you’ll love the “Fusión Todo” plan for €130per month. This gives you 600 MB Fibre Optic broadband, a landline with free calls to other landlines and 550 minutes per month to mobiles, two mobile lines with unlimited calls and SMS plus 24 GB of data to share between the two lines. The TV plan is better too, with access to all more than eighty channles, movie premieres and all the football games in the world. DVR is included.
Depending on where you are living, your choice of provider and your internet speed may be limited. In more urban areas, expect the best fibre optic in Madrid- which is some of the best in the world. If you want to get a contract with Movistar, you’ll need a NIE and you’ll need to agree to a minimum of 12 months with them. If you don’t see yourself staying that long, there are a few other options.
If you are planning on moving to Madrid and need help finding a property to either buy or rent, arrange a FREE CONSULTATION TODAY to learn how we can help in your search.
[button link=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?&subject=I%20want%20to%20get%20a%20free%20Moving2Madrid%20consultation&body=I%20want%20to%20get%20a%20free%20Moving2Madrid%20consultation%20to%20answer%20all%20my%20questions%20and%20see%20what%20are%20the%20next%20steps%20.%20Please%20suggest%20a%20time%20and%20day%20.” size=”medium” color=”orange” window=”yes”] get now your free consultation [/button]
Stays shorter then twelve months
- Pepephone is a relatively new provider of fibre optic in Madrid. If all you’re interested in is internet, you can sign up for their fibre optic package of 200 Mb for only €34.60 per month, including line rental and VAT. There’s no minimum contract so you can use their service for as long or as short as you want.
- If you’re looking for a mobile plan and internet, you can enjoy 200 MB of fibre and a mobile plan with 23 GB internet and unlimited minutes for only €48.90 per month. They also have a more economical plan with 200MB fibre. 6MB of mobile data and 100 minutes for only €39.9.
- All of Pepephone’s customer service is based in Spain, so it will be helpful to speak Spanish. Note that landlines are not included in their packages.
- Jazztel offers service sin permanencia (without a minimum contract) for as little as €28.95 per month, including line rental. This is an internet only special that gives you 100 MB of fibre. As this is a bit slow, if you want the best fibre optic in Madrid you can pay 39.95 € per month for 600 MB of fibre. A fixed line is included in the higher priced package.
If you don’t have a NIE
For stays longer than six months
For expats in Madrid that don’t have a NIE, we recommend Ono, a Vodafone subsidiary. We like them because you can tailor a package to suit your needs. You can choose fibre optic speeds of 50 MB, 120 MB, 300 MB and 1 GB. If you want to add mobile, you have packages with three different data options, all with unlimited calls. Finally, you can add Vodafone TV which has more than 120 channels. The cheapest package starts at 12.85 € per month, plus an 18.15 € line rental fee.
The fibre is the fastest offered in Madrid. The drawback if you can’t purchase the products online- you must call them. If you ask to speak to an assistant who understands English, you should be put through to someone.
For stays shorter than six months
For expats staying less than six months, we recommend Amena for fibre optic in Madrid. Outside of Madrid your choices may be restricted in terms of service providers and speed. If you still want high speed internet without compromise, Amena will give you access to 4G internet at home, which will normally average 40Mb
If you have any more questions or doubts about the best internet deals for expats in Madrid, send us an email today and we can answer your questions.